Time passes inexorably and now the man retires, becomes a grandfather, breastfeeds his grandchildren. . . Does this mean that you can already end your personal life? Even 60-100 years ago, this question could have been answered unequivocally - yes. However, medicine does not stop there and modern man ages much more slowly than his ancestors.
Sex life after 60: characteristics
Men over 60 should not neglect sexual intimacy and be afraid of it. At this age, the nature of the relationship with the second half changes somewhat. Passion and youthful ardor are replaced by a benevolent and attentive attitude towards the spouse, sex life becomes measured and coordinated, but it must be regular.
However, at the age of 60, the body is considerablyreduces the production of testosterone, the male sex hormone, without which a full erection is impossible. A decrease in testosterone in the blood of a man occurs after 35-40 years, and by the time he reaches adulthood it is reduced by half, however, despite this, attraction to the opposite sex remains ata high level.
Avoiding erectile dysfunction as you age is unrealistic, but delaying it is entirely possible. And here it is not necessary to change anything radically, and even, on the contrary, it is important to maintain the usual way of life, including in sexual relations. Do not exhaust yourself, do not have too active sex, trying to prove to yourself and your partner that you are still capable of much. Walk more often in the fresh air, but not like an old man, but combining a walk with active physical activity.
Why does erectile function decrease?
A decrease in potency may occur under the influence of the following factors:
- Smoking. Nicotine negatively affects blood circulation throughout the body, including in the pelvic organs, as well as in the scrotum. A man's sexual function also suffers.
- Alcoholism. Men suffering from this disease face the problem of reduced potency long before retirement age.
- drugs. Marijuana has a particularly strong negative effect on sexual function.
- Deterioration of potency occurs in men who have kidney problems and suffer fromurinary tract pathologies.
- Sedentary and sedentary lifestyle. Nature imposed the constant movement of a person, and a long stay in one position leads to a violation of blood circulation in the pelvic organs.
- Psychological factor. Constant stressful situations negatively affect the state of the hormonal background. Frequent nervous shocks suppress sexual desire.
- Chronic fatigue and drowsiness. The constant lack of sleep reduces the production of testosterone.
- Male erectile function is negatively affectedcomplications of sexually transmitted diseasesand transferred pathologies of the genitals.
- Disorders of the cardiovascular and endocrine systems. The circulation of blood in the body depends on the proper functioning of the heart muscle. Therefore, any violation and malfunction of the heart leads to reduced blood flow in the genital area. Erectile function problems can also occur due to disruption of the endocrine glands.
- Unbalanced diet and metabolic disorders. Excess weight and diabetes lead to erection problems. Monotonous nutrition, as well as the lack of the required amount of vitamins and minerals, contribute to the disruption of the entire male body, including in the genital area.
Proper nutrition to increase potency
The normal functioning of the male reproductive system depends on many factors, including proper nutrition. Therefore, representatives of the stronger sex after 60 years should pay special attention to this issue.
First of all, it is necessary to minimize the consumption of foods high in cholesterol, because itnegatively affects the state of the cardiovascular systemwhich in turn causes erection problems. When compiling the right diet, you must adhere to the following principles:
- Be sure to include whole grains, vegetable oils, poultry, low-fat dairy products, lean veal and fish, legumes, nuts, fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- It is necessary to limit the consumption of foods high in salt, as this can cause an increase in blood pressure. The amount of salt consumed should not exceed 5-6 grams per day.
- If at the age of 60 there is a weakening of erectile function, experts recommend including more seafood, onions, garlic, pomegranates and bananas in your diet.
- Consumption of foods high in cholesterol should be strictly limited, but you should not completely give up these foods. Especially a lot of cholesterol is found in the kidneys, liver and fatty meat, as well as lard and fish. Sausages, butter, sour cream, cream and chicken eggs can be present in the diet, but in limited quantities.
- It should be borne in mind that foods containing magnesium and calcium have a beneficial effect on heart function. Therefore, to saturate the body with these trace elements, it is recommended to eat zucchini, eggplant, new potatoes, grapes and bananas.
- Include freshly squeezed fruit juices, herbal tea or green tea in the diet, replacing sugary sodas, strong tea and coffee with these beverages.
- Alcohol is allowed, but in small quantities. It is better to completely refuse strong alcoholic beverages.
Restoration of male potency after 60 years is facilitated not only by proper diet and nutrition, but also by gentle physical activity.
How to regain your power through physical activity?
To maintain excellent physical shape, men over 60 need to do sports, but only in a moderate mode, with constant monitoring of heart rate and blood pressure. When choosing exercises, it should be taken into account that at the age of 60 a man, as a rule, is already burdened with chronic and several diseases, which affects the determination of the intensity ofphysical activity.
Moderate but regular physical training helps lower blood cholesterol and increase potency. It is better to avoid serious sports activities at this age. You should not engage in intense running, and you should also exclude strength training on simulators.
After 60 years, it will be useful for a man to do morning exercises, walking, swimming and yoga.
Exercises to restore potency after 60 years
Can a man's erectile function be improved by exercise? As practice shows, this is quite real. Among the many different types of training aimed at increasing potency, experts distinguish the following exercises that are suitable for mature men:
- Exercises for the muscles of the pelvis. These courses are universal and suitable for both men and women. To perform the exercise, men must stop the process of urination when going to the bathroom, then forcefully tense and then relax the muscles. Repeat 30-50 times in one go. Exercise should not be done more than three times a day.
- Aerobic training. Contribute to the normalization of blood flow, which positively affects not only the erection, but also its preservation. Blood flow to the lungs and heart helps improve erectile function.
- Kundalini yoga. Such exercises help improve muscle function and increase sexual desire.
Before determining the complex of sports exercises, as well as the intensity of physical activity, you should seek the advice of your doctor.
Medical potency restoration
Treatment of sexual disorders should be comprehensive. To restore potency, men are prescribed drugs that improve the outflow of secretions from the prostate, as well as blood circulation in the pelvic organs and genital area. In addition, it is necessary to take a complex of vitamins, plant substances and minerals.
Of course, patients need such auxiliary drugs that would ensure the onset of an erection at the right time. For example, these can bepharmacological agents containing an active substance that promotes the expansion of cavernous bodies and an increase in blood flow to the genitals.
There are several types of tablets that contain this substance. The most popular and sought-after remedy is a high-efficiency drug. The action of the drug begins within 15-25 minutes after ingestion and lasts for 5-6 hours. The recommended dose is 10 mg/day, however, men over 60 should reduce it to 5 mg/day. Carefully read the instructions: the drug has contraindications (a previous stroke or myocardial infarction, genetic diseases of the retina, kidney pathology).
However, don't be upset about it. Men with a history of the above pathologies mayrestore potency with an alternative drug based on affinity-purified antibodies against endothelial NO synthase. The main advantage of the drug is its absolute safety. The tool can be used by men with coronary heart disease, who have had a stroke, as well as those who are treated with nitrates. Thanks to the remedy, about 80% of older men completely restore erectile function. The effectiveness of the drug is determined by the age and type of existing pathologies.
But despite the fact that this method of restoring potency is safe, widely available and very effective, it has a rather serious drawback - the emergence of psychological dependence. The fact is that a man, who has already completely got rid of the problem, continues to take medication because of the pleasant sensations that arise.
If all the methods tried did not lead to the desired result, the only way out is to perform the operation. Thanks to surgery, the blood flow in the genital area improves, the penis fills with blood faster and becomes erect.
Folk ways to restore potency in men after 60
You can also increase potency with the help of natural remedies:
- Tinctures, teas and decoctions made from ginseng root have a positive effect on blood circulation in the pelvic organs. These funds are shown to older men with erectile dysfunction that arose against the background of hormonal disruptions, as well as emotional and physical exhaustion.
- Pumpkin seeds have a healing effect and have a beneficial effect on men's health. This natural component helps to increase immunity, improve health in pathologies of the genitourinary system and reduce symptoms of prostate adenoma. In addition, pumpkin seeds are an excellent preventive measure against prostatitis.
- Aphrodisiacs. These natural ingredients can dramatically improve your sex life. Aphrodisiacs increase libido, have a positive effect on the quality and duration of sexual intercourse, improve sexual sensations and normalize blood flow in the genitals.
- Flower pollen is able to normalize the functioning of the reproductive system and restore male potency.
- St. John's wort tincture has a beneficial effect on the erectile function of a man, as well as on the state of his nervous system. Restoration of potency is provided by increasing sexual desire and improving psychological state.
The health of an older man, including sexual health, depends on many factors, among which the following are considered the main ones:
- absence of diseases;
- adequate nutrition;
- maintain a healthy lifestyle.
However, this is extremely rare, so experts are constantly working on creating new methods to solve problems associated with erectile dysfunction in men after 60.